Employee Spotlight: Nicole Ripley, Senior IT Consultant
Welcome to another edition of our Employee Spotlight blog series. In today’s interview, we’re shining a spotlight on Nicole Ripley, one of our Senior IT Consultants. We recently sat down with Nicole to learn what excites her about her job, why she’s a big fan of problem solving and her affinity for adventures!
GETTING TO KNOW…
Name: Nicole Ripley
Title: Senior IT Consultant
Department/Practice Area: Technology Consulting
Time at Bridgepoint: 2 months
Hometown: Anaheim, California
Education and Certifications:
- BBA in Management from Concordia University in Austin
- PMP certification through PMI
- What is your role at Bridgepoint? Senior IT Consultant
- How did you decide upon a career in consulting? And what attracted you to Bridgepoint? I’ve always loved helping others see results and achieve success. Consulting was a way for me to put my background experience, education and training into use and continue that goal of helping others. Bridgepoint is truly a market leader in this regard – the people are amazing to work with and it was a perfect fit for me!
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? My favorite part of consulting is helping clients solve their toughest problems. Oftentimes, these are problems they don’t even know they have. As a result, I get to see companies evolve and grow.
- What is the toughest part of your job? I wouldn’t say there is a “toughest” part of my job. But, I would say one of the more stimulating and challenging areas are often dealing with the requirements gathering phase—when a client doesn’t quite know what their requirements are. Or they think they do, but then we learn that it’s something very different. Bridging that gap from perceived needs vs. real needs can sometimes pose a challenge.
- What gets you excited about going to work each day? First and foremost, I’d say my team. I absolutely love showing up and being present with them, no matter what the work is. Secondly, the Bridgepoint clients, and the opportunity to not only learn from them but to watch as they learn from us. The mutual growth opportunity is great.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? What are some of your hobbies? I like to train (both physically and mentally) for challenging races such as the Spartan. I also love exploring the outdoors—hiking and trail walks are a daily ritual. In addition, I am an avid photographer and annoy all my friends and family with constant camera action. Lastly, I enjoy baking some pretty stellar cupcakes (but can’t make a pancake to save my life).
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list? I would say, backpacking through Europe without a definitive plan. Simply letting what happens happen and making the most of it.
Check out additional Bridgepoint Employee Spotlight stories here.
WE’RE HIRING A-PLAYERS FOR A VARIETY OF TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING ROLES. EXPLORE OUR CAREER PORTAL!